I started this blog several months ago with all the best of intentions, and then promptly abandoned it. So, I’m attempting to resurrect it and start afresh.
I’m starting this blog as part of my commitment to “work out loud” and do a better job of sharing my work. For more information on working out loud, I recommend that you read this blog post by Bryce Williams and also check out John Stepper’s website.
A bit about me. While my formal education and training is as a cellular biologist, I’m currently working as an ethics & compliance professional supporting the research division of a pharmaceutical company. I’m also a Lean Six Sigma black belt.
I’m passionate about:
- Learning more and improving as a compliance professional
- Continuous improvement (Kata)
- Sharing my work – working out loud
- Making a difference (for the better) no matter what I’m doing
- Finding new and creative ways to solve problems but also learning from others so as not to reinvent the wheel
- Having fun so that I look forward to coming to work every day
- My husband
- My daughter
- My granddaughter
- Our 2 dogs
- My son-in-law (don’t read anything into the fact that he comes after the dogs)
I’ve had a somewhat circuitous career path and have previous experience in
- Biology research
- High throughput screening cellular assay development
- Training & Coaching
- Operations management
- Social business advocate
- & more
This is my personal blog and the thoughts and opinions are my own. This blog does NOT represent the view and opinions of my employer.